Thursday, September 6, 2007

Albatross of Addiction

I tend to be all or none. Addictive. Yesterday I bought a Take 5 New York State Lottery ticket, quick pick (QP), two games, each with two chances to win, two bucks. Then a QP for Wednesday's lotto. Then even another two Take 5 QPs. (Someone once told me Take 5 has the best odds, so . . . .) This morning, driving to work, not even having checked the numbers, I'm thinking and saying to myself but not out loud while driving, "This is usually a bad sign for me. I'm no philosopher, but Pawlie, you are literally attempting to buy happiness. To purchase it. Cheaply. You literally believe that your happiness can be purchased, for, what, four dollars? Five? Five million? Just ask Britney Spears. Or Paris Hilton. Or Donald Trump. Or Leona Helmsley's dog [I just threw that last one as a bone to my readers, hahahahahahahaha]." It wasn't until evening I checked the tickets. Whew. No dice. Losers, all. In case you are wondering, my numbers for tonight are: 05, 19, 20, 28, 39 and 01, 30, 32, 33, 38. "A dollar and a dream," as the slogan of the New York State Lottery goes. A dollar and an albatross dream.

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Weird, I bought a lottery ticket this week - something I never do...

I lost.

Puss